Friday, January 8, 2010

Remembering

The nights were restless and long. I would wake in the darkness to find my mind racing from one worry to another. Any strategy to seize and eradicate the perpetrator was in vain. There were too many unanswered questions; too many unknowns. Our impending future was moving toward us with hesitancy. Peace was a dream. In daylight hours vigilant, purposeful recollections of what brought us here could keep my worries at bay. Occasional recounting of peaceful experiences brought confirmation that gave me strength. As I listened to the words come from my lips, a calm reassurance helped me know that all was well.

Alms 58: 10 – 12 We did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would strengthen us and deliver us . . . yea, and also give us strength . . . Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him. And we did take courage . . . and were fixed with a determination to conquer.

0 comments: